Wednesday, July 22, 2009

You know you are old when..

You lose track of your husband's age. A few weeks ago, I realized I don't know if my husband is 25 or 26-years-old. I'm not sure how one loses track of this, but I finally took some time this afternoon to get to the bottom of this mystery.

And I am not above telling you that I had to use an online age calculator to determine that he is still indeed 25. I don't trust my own math skills when it comes to important things such as figuring out if my better half is going to be 27 in a few months... or in a LOT of months.

Along these same lines, I was looking at my college degree a couple weeks ago and noticed that it said I graduated in 2006. I FUH-REAKED out, as I have been telling people I have been out of college only two years. WRONG. Try three. I guess I'm getting old...

Speaking of old,
while out to dinner one night, I complained to hubs that I was feeling a draft in the restaurant. Immediately after I said that, he began laughing hysterically. After I asked him what he was laughing at, he said "You have never used the word 'draft' before, except to refer to a beer."

Oy Vey.


****
In more exciting news, look over to the left, to the left.
I reached 200 update-202 bloggy followers today! yay! this.is.a.big.deal.
i heart each and every one of you, and appreciate all the comments love from everyone. :)

24 comments:

  1. Yeah, I've done the exact same thing with my husband. I ended up finally asking him in this trying-to-be-sly manner, but he figured it out and couldn't stop laughing at me ;-) Oh well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's nothin! Sometimes if caught off guard when asked my own age I don't remember. Somewhere around 25 I just stopped counting. It's sad really.

    And congrats on 200 followers! That's amazing, I'm stoked about 59!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL!! this cracks me up because I find myself doing all of the above ALL TO OFTEN!! It sucks getting old... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Came across your blog and I love it! Now you have 201 followers! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha!! I have done that before with my own age and my boyfriend's too! :)

    Love the draft comment...lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am always getting confused! Thank goodness I am not the only one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL it happens to all of us I think!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its not you getting older, I swear. I forget Tim's age all the time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahaha that's flippin' hilarious! I loved the draft in the restaurant. Congrats on all the followers, too. That's so exciting :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh, honey. you are not alone. not only can i never remember my husband's age (partially because he fibs a little at work so that it doesnt seem like some youngin' is running the business- he WILL be 27 later this year) but i also can never remember if his birthday is October 6th or 7th. I once told my mom AND grandma the wrong date and didnt think twice about it!! Oops! Doesn't matter what we've been together for almost 7 years! Hahaha..

    ReplyDelete
  11. haha i do that with my parents ages all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on all of the followers!!

    And don't worry...I forget my OWN age all the time...and I'm only 26!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Same here! I forget how old I am all the time! After 21 I just stopped keeping track. I'm 1 1/2 yrs older than my husband so I don't like the reminder that I'll hit 30 when he's still 28.... Wow haven't thought about the actual numbers before I typed that.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh yay!!! So glad you found my blog! I love reading other 'newlyweds' blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I do the exact same thing........but we are a year ahead of you! We graduated in '05 and the hubby will be 27 in November and then me in January. Gasp! I want to be 22 forever?!

    ReplyDelete
  16. after 25 - just start counting backwards because 30 creeps up too fast! found your blog through another blog and i think it's prec! congrats on all of the followers!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Luckily me and big man were born in the same year so I never have to worry about that : )

    ReplyDelete
  18. Forget about my husband, I can't even remember MY age most of the time!!! And it's up to 207 now :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. That "draft" comment just made me laugh out loud hysterically. Tell your husband thanks for making me get weird looks at work!!


    I can't even remember how old I am. Please don't ask me my husbands age!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ummm..lately I keep forgetting my own age...and the worst part is I am making myself OLDER when I do this! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete

If you enjoyed this post show it some love! Comments make me happy :-)