Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Miracles *DO* happen

Wearing your running shoes everywhere this spring may increase your odds of actually running


Why hello there!

I hope you are all enjoying your hump day!

I have been a busy little bee recently, and work has really been interfering with blogging and the rest of my life for that matter. I hate feeling so out of the loop!! We had a couple project deadlines for work, so I was working long hours and barely had time to do anything...

But don’t worry I will make it up to you with a super amazing giveaway I am planning for you, my lovely readers, soon!

But in the meantime, I do have one exciting piece of news to share with you all!

It is true: miracles do happen. But I’m not referring to the spiritual type – more of the “Oh look, the very clumsy and most uncoordinated girl on planet Earth just signed up for a race!” kind of miracles. You know the ones.

I'll wait while you catch your breath.

Or stop laughing.

Good news is I have until May to train. Bad news is the only kind of running I have done in years is the one where I am sprinting to nearest designer sample sale.


So, please help this wanna-be fitnessista! I'd love to hear success stories - what works for you -your favorite form of exercises – workout times- recommendations.......anything on this subject will qualify!!!

Because I have to somehow, in some way even I am not exactly sure of, do this.

Thanks all! :)



23 comments:

  1. Look at you! This program helped me when I ran my first race:

    http://www.halhigdon.com/5K%20Training/index.htm

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the someecard!
    Good luck with your training!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girl! Try the couch to 5k program. Its super easy to follow. Also I like adidas for running shoes. I have tried everything and they give me the most support. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey...you got this. I just started running again myself about 3 weeks ago. DO NOT get discouraged...give your self a week or two to get into the swing of things and do not run everyday...let your body rest. I love doing intervals (speeed and incline) twice a week and then once a week just go as long as I can go at a a comfortable pace. YOU GO GIRL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep workout clothes in your car. That way when you have a long lunch at work or get done with something early you can just do a quick run anywhere and everywhere. Good luck!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ditto the couch to 5k program on cool running. If you're going for longer distances then look at Hal Higdon. That's who I used for my first half-marathon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. apparently you took the title of "clumsy and most uncoordinated girl" from me 2 years ago after i ran my first (and, thus far, only) half marathon. although i'm still clumsy and uncoordinated.

    i used the training program online from nike. really easy. training during winter months worked best for me since it wasn't blazing hot (i live in texas).

    good luck and make sure you stay hydrated!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can DO IT!!! I have no tips but I do have faith!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for you! I don't run unless I'm being chased, hehe. Good luck training!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck with the training! I don't think I could ever train for a race!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are braver than me. The mere thought of a marathon and ME running cracks me up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I believe I have shared with you before my love for some someecards. You should check out blunt cards.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're too funny! Good luck with your training!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good for you, go get your run on!!! Love someecards, they are the best!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. thats awsome!
    start running half a mile first then a mile, and work your way up until you get comfortable with yourself. This is what I do every time I stop working out for a while and then want to get back in shape.... Good luck with training!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Not sure how long your race is, but if it's a 5k, use Couch to 5k. It's tough at first, but you'll grow to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. i'm so excited for you! ive wanted to do a race for years...come to find I tore my acl..lol so it will be a year before i can do that..but if you sign up online for day by day training for a race, whatever the lenghth..it will tell you what you should be doing week by week. I did one for a 1/2 marathon walk..and it was really helpful!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I did my first race last year and when I first started training it was so scary b/c I had never ran more than like 10 minutes straight before! It really is just a mind game! Get some good music and start on the treadmill and get 2 gossip mags and dont look at the time until you have flipped through every page of every mag...thats what I do! The time will fly by...then you can see how many miles you ran...then every time you run you know you have already ran that much so you just keep adding on! Its awesome...and such a stress reliever! Good Luck..you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have never done a race...I hate running. Haha. Much rather do a class or something where I have an instructor making me do it. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've never ran a race, but heard the only thing that stops you is yourself... think positively, YOU CAN DO IT!!!!! :) how exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have never done a race but good luck girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Make a fabulous running playlist!

    ReplyDelete

If you enjoyed this post show it some love! Comments make me happy :-)