Friday, January 8, 2010

I don't like New Year's Resolutions.

Good Morning Dolls! I know I've been absent from the blog this week but it's because I've been eating cookies and sitting on my couch VERY busy, trying to adjust to reality and being back to work.

Photobucket

So, instead of taking a nap underneath my desk continuing to be a blog-lagger, I am going to tell you about some of my New Year’s resolutions additions. This year I am adopting a new attitude about these so called resolutions, and calling them my new additions instead. I don’t know about you, but I associate the word resolution with a lot of pressure and expectation.


And really, who wants that? It almost insinuates that there are things that we need to change, and I think we all do a pretty fabulous job already being ourselves. So the key is to set some really menial additions that you'll have no choice but to keep, and then in a few years work it up to the harder ones like "be a better person" and "cure world hunger". ;-)

It's all about baby steps.

So here are a few of my realistic goals. They are, in no particular order:

Read more. Laugh more. Write more. Travel more. Learn more. Love more. And most importantly– blog more!

What is on your list?

Oh and happy almost-weekend! Hope all of you have some amazing since plans, since it looks like we may be snowed in!


11 comments:

  1. love your 'addition' outlook :) my new years 'addition' this year is to become quick to express how I feel! Have a good weekend, be safe in all that snow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great additions... and I like the word addition too!!
    Have a great weekend lovely lady :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to finish some things on my 101 list, it doesnt matter which ones but I hope if I accomplish some of those I will became a better version of myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck, I know it's hard to play catch up sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I like all of those! Especially the laugh more =-) Have a good weekend hon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I Love your new "Additions"!!! Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your resolutions..oops I mean additions ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those seem like great goals ! And they're not as unrealistic as NY resolutions usually are :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. your such a good blogger, i need more motivation haha ;) xoxoo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great goals..i am gonna try to eat better and love better!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You really do have a great blog here. I have a blog myself which brings inspiration and guidance to people all around the world. Life is hard enough, and I hope my site can contribute anything positive to someone's day.

    I'd like to exchange links with you to help spread some traffic around between each other. Please let me know if this is possible. Until then, keep up the good work.

    Jason
    TheWISDOMWALL.com

    ReplyDelete

If you enjoyed this post show it some love! Comments make me happy :-)