Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Hello, Michigan.


This is where I will be spending the next 4 days. Not too shabby, huh?!

Michigan, here we come! Hubs, Charlie and I are heading to beautiful Silver Lake, MI this weekend for a family reunion and I could not be more excited.

We are staying three days with hubs grandparents, who I just love. And I know Grandma T reads my blog occasionally, so I want to give her a quick shout out! She is a great little lady, and is also pretty stylish and a great dancer. She definitely has moves we have never seen and her wardrobe is pretty fabby! And I know that since I love her and Grandpa T so much, I am bound to love the rest of the extended family I have yet to meet. One of the many cool things about marriage is that you gain a whole new family. And I definitely got lucky in this department :)

So since the reunion isn't until Saturday morning, hubs and I will basically have all day Friday and most of the day Saturday to hang out and explore. I have heard great things about the beautiful lake, and also the sand dunes! Although regardless of what my husbands says, I will not be riding 4-wheelers up and down mountain high sand dunes. Hello? Has he met me? I am pretty sure that I am the clumsiest, most accident-prone human being currently alive. {the rest are 8-feet under, and I refuse to join them.}

So, in the meantime while he is off partaking in dangerous activity, Charlie and I will be sticking to what we know how to do best: shopping and eating. (obvi) I have investigated and found some pretty cute restaurants and local shops I am dying to see. But one thing I know I definitely won't be buying is Michigan crap. Haha. Sorry, you don't stand a chance with this Buckeye fan.

So, needless to say we are revved up and ready to go! Even Charlie has his little doggie suitcase packed. I am really looking forward to a nice and relaxing weekend getaway with my boys and the fam.

18 comments:

  1. Have a great time!! Make sure to post pics when you get home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh... how beautiful! How fun to not have tooo many things to do so it gives you a little time for adventures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. we go to south haven every year since I was 5, my mom grew up there, i'm confused though I have never heard of Silver Lake (other than that horrible country club we worked at..lol)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAve fun!! As much as I shouldn't say this, Michigan is a really pretty state!

    ReplyDelete
  5. doggie suitcase! LOVE IT! glad you and his grandparents get along so well - i just LOVE matts gparents too!

    have a great time and hope to see lots of pics

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a great time in the state up north! It surprisingly looks very nice...ha! Wear your scarlet and grey with pride!

    ReplyDelete
  7. michigan is so beautiful - you'll have a great time. i grew up right next door in wisconsin ;) have a blast! (and i'm definitely envious you gained a good family.. i wish was as lucky, haha)

    ReplyDelete
  8. sounds like so much fun! can't wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm new to your blog, so I just realized that Charlie is your dog - haha! Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  10. sounds like a fun trip! have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have a great time. P and I are heading back to Michigan next week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. hope you have a wonderful time!! looks beautiful there! take lots o pics ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you have a great time! My husband and are are in Ohio as well and are looking for a long weekend trip close by for our anniversary. Any suggestions??

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful! have a blast girl!! take lots of pictures : )

    ReplyDelete
  15. We just returned from The Homestead in Glen Arbor (2 hours north of Silver Lake) about a month ago! I loooove it up north - we've vacationed there forever.

    Enjoy your stay :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. pretty pic! hope you guys have a good time :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Came across you blog and wanted to tell you home much I enjoyed it! That picture is so beautiful!! I want to visit! Anyway, just wanted to say Hi and I look forward to reading more from you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just caught up on your blog! I miss knowing what is going on in your life! Can't wait to hear about Michigan and see pics! Love the pics from your friends wedding...gorgeous! Promise I will keep up more now ; )

    ReplyDelete

If you enjoyed this post show it some love! Comments make me happy :-)