Monday, August 10, 2009

Who had an awesome weekend? I did! I did!

It's Monday night and I'm still wondering where our three day weekend went? But I guess time flies when you are having fun. And we had a blast in Michigan!

I really had the best time :) As a little boy, hubs used to spend most of his summers there, so it was so special to see all the places he used to go to as a child, and listen to him as he told me about his favorite memories. And I loved spending time with his family, especially his grandparents. They are such amazing people, and I enjoyed getting to know them better.

And let me just tell you, that the scenery in Michigan is breathtaking. It is a wonderland of beautiful lakes, pretty beaches and lush, stunning landscapes! And I still cannot believe that my whole life I have lived a relatively short drive from this state and have never been.

But what I can say is that we definitely will be going back!

{on beautiful Lake Michigan}
Photobucket


{front row on the Mac Truck getting ready for the dune ride}
Photobucket

Photobucket

{my handsome hubby}
Photobucket

{pretending to drive the truck!}
Photobucket

{this was definitely a very cool experience! i highly recommend}
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

{on the way to the reunion}
Photobucket

{my new friend:) }
Photobucket

{hubby with his Grandpa}
Photobucket

{me with my Mama and Grandma-in-Law.}
Photobucket

{kisses from the mrs!}
Photobucket

{asparagous head}
Photobucket

{hubby with his Great Uncle in front of his 1931 antique car}
Photobucket

{up on the Silver Lake sand dunes}
Photobucket

{Charlie was ready to go home, haha. He is a diva}
Photobucket

{our little family}
Photobucket


Hope everyone else had a great weekend as well! I’ve missed you all - please fill me in on what happened in your worlds while I way away.

29 comments:

  1. Very cute pics. I love Michigan, we live so close (Chicago) but we rarely make it over there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad Both of us got out of our bubbles... we had a week long vacay in North Cali in SF and Napa! YAAY...
    but seriously it flew by faster then I can make any work week go! :(

    Love the pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Michigan, my BIL's grandparents live on Lake Huron. It's such a beautiful place, I'm so glad yall had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never knew Michigan was so pretty. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had a great vacay! I love your eyeshadow in the kisses from the mrs pic...what color is it??!?

    Been busy over in my neck of the woods. I officially moved to KC while you were up north!

    ReplyDelete
  6. can i just say that you are gorgeous??? i want your hair! i love the pics on the beach and your hubbys great uncle looks like george w!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, So, so cute!!! Now I feel as if I need a little time away...

    Although I did just get back froma mini vaca & am planning for a very fun weekend ahead :-)

    Hope you have a great week back to the norm!

    ~ Arlynn from Fleur De Licious

    p.s. I just launched my first giveaway{!!!} so come stop by :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What great pictures! I love Michigan and love the dunes, too. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks gorgeous! How fun!!

    Also, you have gooorrrgeous hair!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks like you had a great time! I LOVE Michigan. We went to a resort on Lake Michigan for our honeymoon and had such a great time. It was so beautiful and relaxing there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. great pics!I does look like a beautiful place!! I wanna go, I wanna go!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute pics! I really want to get up there soon, I hear it's gorgeous. BTW my coworker just walked by as I was looking at these and totally thought you were me, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Came across your blog recently - very cute and I enjoy reading about other newlyweds & all the fun you're having. Isn't the first year of marriage the best? We were married August 2008. Happy {early} one year anniversary to you guys as well!
    Best,
    Sandi from SC

    ReplyDelete
  14. what fabulous pictures! glad you had a great time

    ReplyDelete
  15. aw, you are too cute!
    such an adorable family :)
    glad you 2 had a wonderful weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. First of all, has anyone ever told you that you look like Julianne Hough (from Dancing With the Stars)? Because you do!

    Secondly, you two are gorgeous!

    Thirdly, looks like a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  17. My inlaws live in Michigan as well & I absolutely love it! We visited the sand dunes last year & what a blast we had. I do have to say that Mackinac Island is one of most favorite places to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great pictures! Haha, I love the asparagus head one!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You guys are so adorable together and your pictures are amazing!!

    Glad it was so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I LOVE SilverLake! I have been going there during the summers since I was 7! I grew up doing the dune rides and swimming in Silver Lake and Lake Michigan! Seeing your post just brought me back...thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I grew up on Lake Michigan (Wisconsin side), so these pictures made me happy. I miss the Midwest!

    Glad you had fun - the dune rides look like a good time!

    Oh, and I love your pink flower barrette!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a beautiful vacation! So glad you had such a nice time.

    ReplyDelete
  23. That sounded like such a great trip! Beautiful pics!! You and your family are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a fun weekend!! I love that family picture of you guys =)

    ReplyDelete

If you enjoyed this post show it some love! Comments make me happy :-)