Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Notes From the Construction Zone



Our House is a construction zone- again. Just when I swore that the cabinets would be the last house related project this year in a while, my husband proves me wrong.

Being the workaholic that he is, we he has currently undertaken yet another tiny ginormous project- Tearing out the carpet in our living room and replacing it with Pergo flooring. By himself!

Now I understand putting in a door yourself, swaping out that toilet yourself and even welding that new plumbing yourself. But tearing out the carpet and cutting/putting/installing the floors? Kinda crazy if you ask me, but I am trying to be a good moral supporter. We are saving a lot of money by installing it ourselves himself. I am just hoping we can get our living room back relatively soon because I am not sure how much longer I can handle watching TV on our tiny 19” upstairs tv.

On the plus side, this whole our house is a construction zone thing= Chinese takeout tonight! Yippie!

Happy Tuesday!

p.s. Can this weather get any better? 55 degrees. in Ohio. in February. I am NOT complaining.

7 comments:

  1. i just wish we had a house for my hubs to tear apart and make prettier. someday...it will happen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly I think putting in flooring is probably easier than those other things he did! Once he gets the hang of making the cuts it will be done in no time.

    And yeah - I'm enjoying the balmy 55 degree weather up here in Michigan too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a friend that did their own flooring and it was really easy. It really shouldn't be too bad except for the disrupted lifestyle for a little bit. Sounds like your hubby is pretty hands on and knowledgeable about that kind of stuff. Be happy - you really are saving tons of money! :) My hubby is a computer tech and people pay tons of money to get their computers worked on because they don't know how to do it themselves. He said that sometimes he feels like he is scamming people but the point is that they don't know how to do it and he does.
    I hope the project goes by quickly so you can get your living room back in order! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband ripped out our carpeting and put in new flooring himself. It's really not as hard as it seems. The floors practically snap together themselves. Give it a few rows, and you'll find it a breeze!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its so nice having a handy man for a husband ;)

    You have to post pics when its done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! I can't wait to see the after pictures! And just keep thinking how much money he's saving for you being your handyman! This means more retail therapy :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! This is really random, but I was looking around at the tags for your blog post and clicked on the one that said "little sister". First of all, that picture of the two of you from your wedding is GORGEOUS! My little sister is 6 years younger than me too and we are very close despite the big age difference. It's great to see you guys are super close too!

    ReplyDelete

If you enjoyed this post show it some love! Comments make me happy :-)