Monday, March 9, 2009

Weekend Recap

Hubby and I had an eventful and fun weekend. It was pretty action packed, which for us is kind of unusual :) Neither one of us has been in a going out mood for a while, but this warm weather definitely helps drag us out of the house. I cannot wait until summer time!

On Friday, I felt like death crap. That is until I came home from work and took the most amazing 3 hour nap. I woke up around 8 feeling much better. Hubby and I met up with some of our friends for drinks and decided to go to the Funny Bone comedy club to see Joe Rogan. The show was sold-out and fantastic. They guy is actually pretty funny. My cheeks hurt the whole night. And, at one point, I looked over at my husband and he was laughing so hard, he literally had tears streaming down his face. I totally wish I would have taken some pictures but my camera batteries were dead. I'm sorry to disappoint you all.

On Saturday, I went to my neighbor's baby shower and I will have to admit that I had a great time. Normally, something about baby showers creeps me out. Not sure if it's the fact that everyone there is either a.) pregnant or b.) has babies. And hence I feel as if I have nothing worthy to contribute to the baby talk, except for the random grin and nod. So, I usually feel out of place. But this was different. I actually found other baby-less, not-expecting women, which made me happy. And instead of babies, we talked about puppies. Which I am more than fine with :) Anyhow, the shower was a blast! And after spending 2 hours at Babies R Us, I was thrilled she loved our gift. I decided to buy her an adorable and trendy Amy Coe Changing Diaper Bag in Chocolate Swirl as well as a few other matching accessories. I also picked up a few cute onesies including two that say I'm a Big Deal and a I heart long hugs.

I cannot wait for baby A to arrive. I offered up hubby and I as a free babysitting service.


Saturday night, we went to a brand new dueling piano bar that just opened in downtown called the Big Bang. We went with a large group of friends and stayed out all night. Not to mention that it was 70 degrees out and so I was relieved to leave my winter coat at home and not have to carry it around all night. Anyways, here are some pics!









6 comments:

  1. Fun, Fun..Glad you had a good weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous pics girl! Glad you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute pics! Looks like fun! I love dueling piano bars :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love that picture of you and matt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so fun they have a dueling piano bar in your town!! The only one I have seen was in Vegas!

    PS your hair looks super cute!

    ReplyDelete

If you enjoyed this post show it some love! Comments make me happy :-)