Monday, March 9, 2009

Weekend Recap

Hubby and I had an eventful and fun weekend. It was pretty action packed, which for us is kind of unusual :) Neither one of us has been in a going out mood for a while, but this warm weather definitely helps drag us out of the house. I cannot wait until summer time!

On Friday, I felt like death crap. That is until I came home from work and took the most amazing 3 hour nap. I woke up around 8 feeling much better. Hubby and I met up with some of our friends for drinks and decided to go to the Funny Bone comedy club to see Joe Rogan. The show was sold-out and fantastic. They guy is actually pretty funny. My cheeks hurt the whole night. And, at one point, I looked over at my husband and he was laughing so hard, he literally had tears streaming down his face. I totally wish I would have taken some pictures but my camera batteries were dead. I'm sorry to disappoint you all.

On Saturday, I went to my neighbor's baby shower and I will have to admit that I had a great time. Normally, something about baby showers creeps me out. Not sure if it's the fact that everyone there is either a.) pregnant or b.) has babies. And hence I feel as if I have nothing worthy to contribute to the baby talk, except for the random grin and nod. So, I usually feel out of place. But this was different. I actually found other baby-less, not-expecting women, which made me happy. And instead of babies, we talked about puppies. Which I am more than fine with :) Anyhow, the shower was a blast! And after spending 2 hours at Babies R Us, I was thrilled she loved our gift. I decided to buy her an adorable and trendy Amy Coe Changing Diaper Bag in Chocolate Swirl as well as a few other matching accessories. I also picked up a few cute onesies including two that say I'm a Big Deal and a I heart long hugs.

I cannot wait for baby A to arrive. I offered up hubby and I as a free babysitting service.


Saturday night, we went to a brand new dueling piano bar that just opened in downtown called the Big Bang. We went with a large group of friends and stayed out all night. Not to mention that it was 70 degrees out and so I was relieved to leave my winter coat at home and not have to carry it around all night. Anyways, here are some pics!









6 comments:

  1. Fun, Fun..Glad you had a good weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous pics girl! Glad you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute pics! Looks like fun! I love dueling piano bars :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love that picture of you and matt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so fun they have a dueling piano bar in your town!! The only one I have seen was in Vegas!

    PS your hair looks super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw you guys are just too cute!!

    ReplyDelete

If you enjoyed this post show it some love! Comments make me happy :-)