I don’t need an excuse to go out and throw down way too many margaritas on a Tuesday afternoon.
But, today just happens to be the biggest margarita holiday of the year and hubs and I are meeting a big group of our friends out at the best Mexican restaurant in the city.
I am currently floating on cloud nine. Less than two hours until I am reunited with my two best friends,
mariachi band queso dip and a sombrero hat an ice cold margaritaaaa. :))) My mouth is already watering.
And in honor of Cinco de Mayo, I decided to post my favorite margarita recipe. If you are a marg lover, you have to try this. You won't be dissapointed, I pinky swear.
- Squeeze lemons and limes together so that you have a mixture that is about 2/3 lime juice & 1/3 lemon juice.
- Then add the juice of 1-2 freshly squeezed juicing oranges. This will help to sweeten up the mixture and cut the sour a bit.
- Add splenda until the mixture tastes right to you. The more orange juice you add, the less Splenda you’ll need. Now you have your sweet & sour mix.
- In a tumbler, add ice, 1.5 oz of tequila (something good), .75 oz of Grand Marnier or Cointreau & 3 oz or so of your mix.
- Shake it up well and pour into a salt-rimmed glass.(very important!)
Beware, these are really really good so if you share them with friends, be prepared to make them regularly.
Hope everyone had a fabulous night! Happy Cinco de Mayo!