Tuesday, May 5, 2009

I'll Have a Margarita, Please?

I don’t need an excuse to go out and throw down way too many margaritas on a Tuesday afternoon.

But, today just happens to be the biggest margarita holiday of the year and hubs and I are meeting a big group of our friends out at the best Mexican restaurant in the city.

I am currently floating on cloud nine. Less than two hours until I am reunited with my two best friends, mariachi band queso dip and a sombrero hat an ice cold margaritaaaa. :))) My mouth is already watering.

And in honor of Cinco de Mayo, I decided to post my favorite margarita recipe. If you are a marg lover, you have to try this. You won't be dissapointed, I pinky swear.

  • Squeeze lemons and limes together so that you have a mixture that is about 2/3 lime juice & 1/3 lemon juice.
  • Then add the juice of 1-2 freshly squeezed juicing oranges. This will help to sweeten up the mixture and cut the sour a bit.
  • Add splenda until the mixture tastes right to you. The more orange juice you add, the less Splenda you’ll need. Now you have your sweet & sour mix.
  • In a tumbler, add ice, 1.5 oz of tequila (something good), .75 oz of Grand Marnier or Cointreau & 3 oz or so of your mix.
  • Shake it up well and pour into a salt-rimmed glass.(very important!)

Beware, these are really really good so if you share them with friends, be prepared to make them regularly.

Hope everyone had a fabulous night! Happy Cinco de Mayo!

11 comments:

  1. yum! I need one of those right about now!

    thank you for your sweet comment girly! Have a wonderful night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that sounds amazing!! too bad Im such a lightweight that I have backed off on drinking, haha have an extra one for me! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. that sounds like a really good recipe!!! :-) thanks for that! hope you have a great CINCO DE MAYO!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Margaritas melt in my mouth! I'll have to make this one. Have fun tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. have fun!! we spent all our money in cabo on margs so we are taking a break today. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for the recipe!! :) perhaps we will get to see a pic of you in the sombrero!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been looking for that recipe! thanks!
    cant wait to hear about your night last night!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG, I'm drooling! I LOOOOVVEE margaritas and want one of yours NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh I will definitely have to try them. I love me a good margarita!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

If you enjoyed this post show it some love! Comments make me happy :-)