Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Weekend Recap!

So today I am having a much better day, thankfully! A good night's sleep and a season premier of the Bachelorette definitely put me in a great mood! :)

And here is our weekend recap. This weekend flew for us but it also feels like last week was lightyears away.

Friday, hubs and I decided to volunteer and babysit for our neighbors, while they went and furniture shopped. A while back I announced that they had their baby and was super excited to spend some time with the little guy! And let me tell you, he is adorable. It should be illegal to be this cute. He is only a month old, so he basically slept or just stared at us the whole time we had him, but we had a blast.


isn't he just so stinkin' precious! it took everything out of me to not run away with him. :)



Saturday was equally as exciting as I got a chance to hang out with one of my best friends that I haven't seen since the wedding. She currently lives in California, and so we see each other only once or twice a year. We went to a yummy Mexican place to catch up. We literally closed the place down and had to be kicked out. And after fours hours of non-stop chatting, I was so sad when we had to leave! She plans on possibly moving back one day, so I am keeping my fingers crossed that it's sooner rather than later. I miss the days where we used to hang out every single day!






Sunday we decided to relax. Hubs cooked out and then we took Charlie on a walk. I found an amazing recipe for Sweet BBQ shishkabobs that I have to share with you all. They are delish!

What You Need!
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
2 cups fresh pineapple chunks (1-1/2 inch)
1 each: red and green pepper, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
1/2 cup KRAFT Original Barbecue Sauce
3 Tbsp. frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed

Make It!
HEAT grill to medium-high heat. Using 8 long wooden skewers (placing 2, side-by-side, for each kabob), thread chicken alternately with pineapple and peppers onto skewers to make 4 kabobs.
MIX barbecue sauce and juice concentrate; brush some of the sauce mixture onto kabobs.
GRILL 8 to 10 min. or until chicken is done, turning and brushing occasionally with remaining sauce mixture.






That, in short, was our weekend! Hope you all are having a fabby Tuesday!


Edited to Add: What did you think of last night’s Bachelorette season premiere? Any early favorites? Who sounds intriguing to you? And did you watch the previews? Apparently a few boys have current gf's, and one said to the other guys he went on the show to try and be the next Bachelor. Craziness!
p.s. who the heck spells their name Mathue?

15 comments:

  1. Cute pictures! Seems like you had a relaxing weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! They're are definitely some super-crazys on this season's Bachelorette. Although I thought the piolit was pretty cute.. and Juan was a litle too much but I thought he was a cutie...

    I just can't wait to hear about all of the drama - this one's going to be packed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVED the Bachelorette!!! Foot Fetish guy creeped me out beyond belief! Ok if you have a foot fetish but do you really need to divulge that on first meeting and to all of America? I think not. I really liked Kyptin, but only b/c I think his name is cool. I think right now I'm digging the country singer b/c like Jillian I am a sucker for a guy that can play guitar and sing...melt my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great weekend!

    Did you find that recipe in the Kraft Food magazine? I saw one just like it that I really want to try. I hope so, because your picture looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that puppy is adorable!

    bachelorette: so far....i really like Kiptyn and the pilot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds like a great weekend! love the last pic of you and your pup! so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. awww love the baby!!! Im glad you had sooo much fun, xxoxoo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a great weekend! Does babysitting give you baby fever? It would me b/c he is precious!
    That recipe sounds delish..thank you!
    Charlie couldn't be any more precious...I think that might have to be my next dog.
    I think she has a few cute ones to pick from..it was very easy to single out the douche bags! The creepy feet guy scares me! I worried for her!

    ReplyDelete
  9. that is the CUTEST dog EVER!!!! i just LOVE his ears!! soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pictures! That little baby boy is precious! Can you send a margarita and a shish ka bob my way please? = )

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your yellow earrings! They are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your sunglasses! Where did you get them??

    ReplyDelete
  13. You and Charlie look sooo cute! Thank you for the recipe! I love BBQ chicken!

    ReplyDelete

If you enjoyed this post show it some love! Comments make me happy :-)