Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Love Of My Life

This week marks Charlie's 6 month birthday and 4 months that we have had him! I can't believe that it has been that long. It seems like we brought him home just yesterday..

From day one, Charlie has been the sweetest, most loving little guy. I will never forget going to the breeder, when he waddled over to me, crawled into my arms and just fell asleep. I am such a sap, but honestly that's when I knew that he was the one and that I just had to take him home.

It has been such an amazing experience watching him grow and develop his own sassy personality. He is goofy and silly and perfect! He brings so much happiness and entertainment into our lives every day, and we adore him with our whole hearts. The funniest thing about having a dog for us has been co-parenting. Figuring out who sets the rules, and who breaks them. Who is the 'good guy' and who is the 'bad guy.' {yupp, you guessed it, I am the latter in both cases. and i can't even make any excuses for myself besides the fact that when he looks at me with those eyes, my heart melts}

And even more than that, it is all about hard work, schedule coordinating and priorities. {In our pre-furbaby days, happy hour shindigs were our thing. Not any more.} But all this has truly made me realize what a great father Matt will be one day. He is so dedicated and compassionate with Charlie, that I can't wait to see him with our non-furry babies.

And with all of that said, here is a little video I accidentally found yesterday. It is Charlie's first day home with us! Look how stinkin' tiny he is! And please ignore the annoying background noise. That would be my annoying voice :P




Edited to Add: Here is a video of Charlie we took last week, doing his sit, shake, down, roll tricks :))) He is such an over-achiever!

16 comments:

  1. Awwww!! What a cutie he is! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you LOVE being a dog owner? They are the best companions and can turn around a horrible day!

    Charlie is precious in these videos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally jealous that Charlie can roll over... Myron... not so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a precious little guy! Charlie and Sadie would have so much fun playing together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh he is just too stinking cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i adore him! he is soooooo cute! Sadie sends her love: )

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know I say this every time but he is SOOOOO darn cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seriously the cutest dog ever....besides mine of course =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i've been reading your blog for a little while, but this is my first post...your puppy is soooo cute! i'm hoping to get one once we finish building the house!

    i have a "lovely blog" award for you on my blog. i've loved reading yours!

    gigi

    ReplyDelete
  10. how precious!! i love puppies so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Charlie is SO precious!!! He is getting so big, i'm in love!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a smart puppy!! You must share your training secrets. I have a 5 month old golden retriever and all she knows is sit!

    ReplyDelete

If you enjoyed this post show it some love! Comments make me happy :-)