Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Two Years Already?





Today marks two years since Matt told me that he wanted to spend the rest of his life with me and asked me to be his wife. I just cannot believe how quickly time has gone by! But I guess time flies when you're having fun :)

So without further adue, I am going to share with you our proposal story and a few engagement pictures.

Enjoy and Happy Wednesday!

It was Friday afternoon around 4 p.m. and I was driving home from work, when Matt called to tell me to hurry up and get home as soon as possible because something had come up. At the time, my commute was an hour and I remember flying through the traffic. I had no idea what was going on.

When I got home, the first thing that I saw in the hallway were two suitcases (mine and his). Matt is normally pretty spontaneous, so this really didn't seem that odd. And, at the time, my grandma was pretty sick, so I thought that he was maybe trying to cheer me up and help get my mind off of things. Needless to say, three hours into the trip, I still had NO idea where we were going. And I blame this on the fact that I am very directionally challenged. I had no idea if we were going North, or South, East or West. And this was before I had my trusty GPS. After about 4 hours of nagging and whining, hubs still wasn't giving in. But at this point, I did start seeing signs for Chicago!

Chicago is unquestionably one of my fave cities in the world, and to say that I was thrilled would be an understatement! I was so excited that I began squealing and screaming. But I had no idea what all he had in store for us.

This trip was planned perfectly from start to finish. We spent the whole weekend sightseeing and just taking in the city. On Saturday, we decided to take a cruise around the city skyline. We were alone on the deck just talking, when I noticed that his eyes were beginning to water and he appeared to be trembling. I did a double-take looking at him reach into his pocket and then back at him. At that moment, it all began to finally sink in and I realized---OH MY GOD, HE IS PROPOSING TO ME!!!

I immediately burst into tears as he got down on his knees. He held my hands and looked into my eyes, and told me all the reasons why he loved me. He then opened the little blue box and asked me to marry him. Through my shock and tears of joy, I dumbfoundedly stammered a "yes" in response to his inquiry--"I take that (my tears of joy) as a 'yes'?" as we hugged and cried.

Shortly after, I realized that everyone on the cruise was onto what was happening. Cheers and congratulatory affirmations followed as everyone joined in the celebration of our good news.

There I was with the only man I had dreamt of spending the rest of my life with, the perfect ring, the perfect proposal. Weeks of research and numerous hours of planning, my scheming sweetheart proposed in the most perfect way beyond my wildest imaginations!

I don't remember much of the rest of the weekend besides that. I was still in a daze; we both were. But I do know, that since that day, I have never been more certain of anything in my life.

22 comments:

  1. That is so amazing that he planned all of that for you! What a great engagement story! So happy for ya'll and your two year mark ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing proposal! Happy 2 years!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a story!!! Congratulations and happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a beautiful story...even I teared up!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an absolutely beautiful story! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet post with beautiful pictures!!!! I LOVED reading your engagment story!! So, so incredibly sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, I have goose bumps! Such a sweet story!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow that gave me chills : ) yall are so cute! love love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is such a sweet story! Love the pictures, you guys are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy 2 yrs!! what a sweet man.. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute story!! Love the pictures - you guys are such a cute couple!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's so sweet! My hubby proposed to me two years ago on May 12th! I'm glad you are happily married to the love of your life! I'm fairly new to the blog world so check out my blog if you have time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy 2 years!!!!!!! I love this story, one of the cutest :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am such a sucker for proposal stories. Thanks for sharing yours! It's beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats lady!! Your pictures are adorable<3 I love celebrating all of our "firsts" and anniversaries!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You and your husband are too cute for words. What a great story!

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG those photos are way to cute!!!!
    yaaay to also being queen of the day!!! check out my blog!! :) congrats

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats girl...what a beautiful and thoughtful proposal! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I stumbled over from Lil Woman's Blog, and I must say yours is adorable!

    What an amazing proposal story, congrats on finding such a keeper! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats on your 2 years! That's a great story!
    And like you, I'm directionally challenged and in the same situation I would have no idea where we would have been headed.

    ReplyDelete
  21. ohhh my God...i think my eyes are wet :):)
    sooo beautiful and soooo simply adorable...
    Good luck to both of you :)

    ReplyDelete

If you enjoyed this post show it some love! Comments make me happy :-)